- 1 head (≈300g) of broccoli
- 40mL (1/6 cup) of red onion, diced
- 60mL (1/4 cup) of tomato, diced
- 60mL (1/4 cup) of extra virgin olive oil
- 40mL (1/6 cup) of cilantro, finely chopped
- 30mL (1/8 cup or about 1 lime worth) of lime juice
- 1mL (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 1 cutting board
- 1 chef's knife
- 1 medium microwave-safe bowl
- 1 food processor
- 1 microwave oven
- 1. Using the chef's knife and cutting board, cut the broccoli into small peices (about 1cm3 in total volume each) and place them into the medium microwave-safe bowl.
- 2. Microwave the broccoli until fully cooked. This takes 5–6 minutes on HIGH in my microwave oven, but mine isn't very powerful. Your cooking time may vary. (Optional: if your other ingredients aren't diced and chopped yet, this a great time to do that; the same chef's knife and cutting board can be used.)
- 3. Add the cooked broccoli to the food processor and process until it is very finely chopped or pureed, according to your preference.
- 4. Add all the other ingredients and continue processing until the mixture is thoroughly combined and further chopped, according to your preference—or simply mix by hand.
You can expect ≈500g of Broccamole.
- Try substituting lemon juice for the lime juice; some people like it much better.
- If you want a hotter, more spicy Broccamole, consider adding 1 chopped serrano pepper into the food processor during the final mixing; it will add both flavor and heat.